Government agencies and healthcare organizations are looking to secure techs to help overcome the many challenges inherent to the covid-19 vaccine rollout to a larger population now as the second wave is upon us.
Vaccine stakeholders need to ensure at least 60-70% of the population of a country gets vaccinated as quickly as possible to avoid the third wave. For that the primary challenges that IT platforms will help in addressing are:
1. Patient access and outreach:
– For making a large number of the patient population aware of the accessibility and necessity of the vaccination, contact center technologies are necessary that can quickly and easily be scaled up with the local vaccination centers.
2. Secure connectivity:
– Administrators will need to document who has received which dose and port it to their Electronic Health Records(EHR) or to a public health database. For this, a strong IT infrastructure is a must.
3. Appropriate storage and monitoring:
– IoT devices can effectively be used in monitoring the temperature on refrigeration units of the vaccine, and provide real-time updates.
Moving towards an inclusive recovery, the organizations need to keep evolving their strategies as they learn from the experience to enable the complex vaccine rollout. For this, they need to work with a trusted tech partner, experienced in deploying safe and secure network infrastructure.